SURRENDERING ADVERSITY AND CHOOSING JOY
Last night, or
should I say this morning, my husband and I woke up at the same time.
4 am! Wide awake, there we were. So he began to tell me about the dream he
just had. I won’t go into detail about
the dream. I am not sure it is even worthy of analyzing. This is not the first dream that my husband
has had that made me wonder, WHO DREAMS THESE KINDS OF THINGS? There we were before the sun had even peeped
over the hill laughing hysterically! The
bed was shaking. We couldn't stop
laughing. I could barely breathe. If
that wasn't enough, we both continued in the commentaries and pun possibilities. It only encouraged his twisted sense of humor
and contributed to being now fully awake.
We were unable to return to sleep, until of course the sun had come up
and it was time to get up.
Today was no
different than yesterday. I awake to the
same concerns, worries, sadness and problems that I SURRENDERED yesterday and placed
on God’s feet. Yet today I CHOOSE JOY.
I use to hate that
saying, “most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be”. It would make me angry! I had the most difficult time figuring out
how to do this. Even more I questioned
how to have JOY, in the midst of a storm? Honestly, we have all been there (when you
wanted to wipe the smile off that face that told you to just Praise
the Lord). You know you have experienced
this!
So what is different today?
Why am I able to set the problems, worries, and sadness all aside and
CHOOSE, make up my mind to be happy? It is no secret recipe. As I have spent weeks on my knees
SURRENDERING (and as we talked about yesterday surrendering my surrender). My
load is lighter. It can’t help but be
lighter as you place your cares at HIS feet and allow HIM to be in control. Oh wait there is a formula!
ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR
NEED FOR CHRIST
+ FILLING YOUR MIND WITH HIS THOUGHTS AND PROMISES
+ SURRENDER AND RE-SURENDER DAILY
+ CHOOSE TO BELIEVE AND TRUST IN HIS SOVEREIGNTY
= JOY AND PEACE
Choose this day whom to serve
Joshua: 24:15
I choose NOT to serve the god of worry, distress, anxiety,
sadness, grief (________you put in what today holds you back from CHOOSING
today whom you will serve.
I CHOOSE TODAY TO
SERVE A GOD WHO I TRUST ALL MY CONCERNS WITH!
The Lord will work out his plans for my
life, for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Psalms 138:8
Have you ever looked in your bible concordance under
ABLE? I challenge you to do so! It is full of HIS PROMISES OF WHAT HE CAN
ACCOMPLISH!
Examples; He is able to Judge,
Able to Deliver, able to save, able to raise, defend, provide,
rescue…able, able able. What is it
you need for God to accomplish today?
HE IS MORE THAN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT CONCERNS ME TODAY!
Joy comes in the
morning! I can’t help but smile!
I pray that God, the source of hope,
will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him!
Romans 15:13

No comments:
Post a Comment