Thursday, November 15, 2012


I surrender my guilt 
and shame 
and 
TAKE THE GIFT!

   I find it very easy in life to forgive people that have wronged me. There is just one person I find it nearly impossible to forgive.  MYSELF.  I am my worst enemy and judge.
   There is no doubt I have made many mistakes in life.  The consequences of my errors stare at me daily. Look how black and white, all or nothing my thinking is! I have a list: Divorce-failure-guilty, Hurt children-failure as a mother-guilty, Career-jobless-failure as a worker-guilty.  I could go on and into great detail in each of these areas how I miserably failed. But I hurt from my failures and some days I can’t seem to shake the guilt and almost feel the need to beat myself up!
   Why do I feel the need to wound myself up over and over for my offenses? Well, let's not forget yesterdays blog about the enemy and him wanting us to feel wounded, hurt and guilty. 
Honestly, there are many things I did right and good! I know this. Why can’t I focus on those instead of beating myself up continually for the wrongdoing?
   Then I am continually trying to do it better, be a better person, trying to earn forgiveness.  What is really sad is JESUS already paid a very large price to free me of my sin, bondage, brokenness and guilt.  Please lord make that very real in my heart. HE bought and paid for the gift of FORGIVENESS for me and I don’t accept it!  What person in their right mind would do this?  TAKE THE GIFT! DON’T GIVE IT BACK He doesn't want it back!  ACCEPT IT!
   Today God spoke to me with a soft voice in prayer, His word and devotion time.
Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and HE knows Everything!
1 John 3:30 
   No details of our lives are hidden from HIM.  He knows our failures; he knows our pain and grief. He views us through HIS EYES OF GRACE. I rejoice that HE understands me completely and loves me perfectly
If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.  But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all wickedness.
1 John 1:8-9  
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
 Ephesians 4:32  
BE KIND TO YOURSELF, TENDERHEARTED AND FORGIVE YOURSELF. CHRIST HAS!
FORGIVENESS

is not something we do for OTHER PEOPLE. 

We do for it for OURSELVES

GET WELL

AND

MOVE ON!

1 comment: