![]() |
Ralphy surreners his fear of Scut Farkus!
|
Do you remember the movie, “Christmas Story”
with Ralphy? Every day Ralphy, his
brother and friends would hide and run in fear from the ugly big red headed
bully known as Scut Farkus! First of all
who would name their son Scut and why was Ralphy so afraid of him and his pathetic little army? Do you remember the little guy that was his
partner in crime? Day after day they were taunted by Scutt and his feeble
soldiers and one day he had ENOUGH!
For six long years my
daughter has been plagued by the enemy. She accepted Christ when she was a
little girl and we brought her up in the church. How could this happen? He has destroyed my daughter’s life in the
form of addiction! A sickness that takes more than the one stricken, it takes
the whole family! The whole family is sick, in pain and broken. We are right
where the enemy wants us. We are tired, hurt, angry, hopeless and full of misery. Obviously in this state we are unable to do
battle and are ineffective.
Today I am like
Ralphy. I have had ENOUGH! Why have I been such a coward? Why am I so afraid of this enemy? Why have I been so lazy in the fight? I have surrendered a white flag time and time
again to whom? The pathetic ugly satan. I purposely don’t capitalize his name because
I don’t give him credit for being that big.
ENOUGH I say! Today I put on my
big girl panties, I get tough, I pull up my boot straps and I like Ralphy reach
my limit and I SNAP! Don’t you get a
feeling that is exactly what happened to Ralphy. He put up with it for so long and then he snapped!
I have wrestled with
this demon for too long. Why does it
feel like evil prevails? Why? I have
been a coward. There I stood in the
midst of a battle and just like Ralphy I ran and hid. I let satan win. Time
after time I have let him win because I was to afraid, blind, or lazy to do the
battle. Today I am swinging, punching,
kicking, swearing, spitting and telling him how ugly he is. My face is red with
fury. My tears flow from pain and rage. Just
like Ralphys friends and Mother, who tried to pull Ralpy off of Scut no one
could stop the out pour of rage and pain that flow from my lips. I call satan
every name I can think of; Robber of lives, destroyer of families, killer and
murderer of hopes and health: revolting menace, worthless slime. When I could no longer find any rancid names
to call him I laid in a pool of tears crying out to GOD. God I don’t
want to surrender in the warfare, I want to surrender to you!
How and why did I get to
this point (of loosing it)? I failed to
remember something very important. No
words of mine can say it any better than the powerful word of God.
Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be
able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh and blood
enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against
mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly
places.
Therefore, put on every piece
of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of
evil. Then after the battle you will
still be standing firm. Stand your
ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s
righteousness. For shoes, put on the
peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the
shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the
sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers
Ephesians 6:10-18
I forgot about the weapons,
the warfare and who is bigger!
Lord help me! I don’t want to
be like fearful Ralphy and one day snap.
Help me to DAILY put on the whole armor and fight the battle with
courage. I know the winning commander and who has final victory. I rebuke you satan.
Skut Farkus go home!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment