I Surrendering The Reaction to Rejection
and I go to
war with my Sword!
Have you ever experienced rejection? I am sure each of us can recall a time in
life when we felt; dismissed, turned down, felt useless. Depending on who the rejection comes from, it
can be easier or harder to get beyond and move though. However if you have been rejected by someone
you love it can be unbearable piercing pain. THERE IS NOTHING MORE PAINFUL THAN
A LOVED ONE THAT WITHHOLDS LOVE AND REJECTS YOU. OUCH!
Christ has suffered
all and knows how we feel. He suffered
rejection from His own people. “He came
to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.” He loved them. His heart must have desired, hungered and
yearned to be accepted by them. He was
rejected by his own brothers. Christ experienced rejection.
Last night in my prayer time I was able to
understand, that was what I was feeling! REJECTION. God began to communicate to me how a lifetime
of feeling rejected has weighed me down!
It wasn't REJECTION that had a grip on me. It is my REACTION to the REJECTION that was
holding me captive!
The background is
years of “feeling” rejected. Whether I
truly was rejected or it “FELT” like rejection doesn't matter. In my heart I began to keep a list of
rejections, and it all added up to MY LACK OF WORTH.
Numerous times I
have been rejected (LOVE WITHHELD by LOVED ONES). Thankfully my mother did not believe in
abortion due to the fact I was an accident. I was never really wanted and told many times of
my inconvenience to her; Rejection. Ouch! Later in life I was told I was no longer
wanted in the family and was out of the “family will”. Rejection; Ouch! Then I add on divorce; Rejection. Ouch! Probably the most painful rejection we can
experience is from our children. You love, feed, nurture, cheer lead build
memories and hopes for the future, do the best you know at the time. You greatly fail them and then they reject
you. The biggest OUCH! We are talking
REJECTION (Withheld love- don’t want to see or speak to you rejection). OUCH!
Here is my
confession of the REACTION TO THE REJECTION. I became a hostage to those thoughts. Hear my thoughts; “You must be no good”, “What
good is there in you?”, “If your very own family would disown you, you must be
worthless”, “You can’t do anything right”.
Do you hear how the enemy himself took my mind captive and used my
pain to further his cause? I would
even stand in the mirror and tell myself how worthless I was. I would hit and beat myself calling myself
stupid and worthless! I would starve myself because I was so hungry for love
and acceptance!! We are as sick as our secrets and that is where the enemy
wants you! SICK. Do you hear how the enemy worked his lies in and through me? I want
you to know THAT IS SUCH A LIE! The biggest
lie is to believe our Heavenly Father could not love us. I played right into the enemy’s hands.
So how do we
fight this battle, this stronghold! How do we overcome the
reaction to rejection (the enemy filling my mind with the lies that I am worthless
and unlovable)?
First
I know who the enemy of this war is. When I hear his lies I won’t take them in!
I don’t want to hear his voice! He is
ugly and he thinks he is strong… but I know someone much stronger. Second, I know his campaign far too well. I know his strategy and approach. But now I have a battle plan and more importantly I have
the tools to put him in his place!
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s
armor!
Take the sword of the Spirit, which is
the word of God.
Ephesians 6:10-18
Please read the
whole scripture for battle! Today
though, I am focusing on THE SWORD!
I get this
wonderful visual picture of myself holding up the bible and speaking the word
of God and the enemy has no choice but to run away with his tail between his
legs! The word of God is TRUTH AND
PROMISES TO CONFESS AND FILL OUR MINDS WITH! By filling my mind with His truth,
CHRIST renews our minds!
THE TRUTH IS;
THE REJECTED ME
(and you)
ARE ACCEPTED
AND CHOSEN!
War is hard work! You
must be brave, vigilant and angry to win! Every time the enemy fills my head with one of
his lies I am going to take a
step forward with the SWORD in my hand and SPEAK the truth! Filling my mind and proclaiming the word of God.
You are a chosen people
The Lord will not
abandon his people, because that would dishonor his great name. For it has pleased the Lord to make you his
very own people. 1 Samuel 12:22
HE WILL NOT ABANDON ME, REJECT ME OR DISOWN ME
Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has
borne? But even if that were possible, I
would not forget you! See, I have
written your name on the palms of my hands.
Isaiah 49 15-16
BEYOND ANY FORM OF EARTHLY LOVE!
With my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord’ may I
never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me
with love and tender mercies. Psalms
103: 1-4
HE CROWNS ME WITH LOVE! HE LOVES ME!
You call me by name. Isaiah 45:3
HE KNOWS MY NAME
You never leave me or forsake me.
Deut. 31:6
HE WON’T ABANDON ME!
On and On His word
is wonderfully filled with the promises of HIS CONTINUAL, NEVER LEAVING LOVE PROMISES!
I AM HIS CHOSEN DAUGHTER; HE WILL NOT LEAVE ME
OR REJECT ME. HIS LOVE IS UNFAILING! I am on a journey to fill my heart with HIS
ACCEPTANCE.
THE
LORD WILL NOT REJECT HIS PEOPLE; HE WILL NOT ABANDON HIS SPECIAL POSSESSION
Psalms
93:14

Probably everyone can, at some point in their lives say Psalms 93:14 is for me. I know I can. But instead of dwelling on why I can say that I now dwell on the promise. How great is that promise.
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea. You are appreciated.
I agree Frank! Dwell on the promise...THE GREAT PROMISE!
ReplyDelete