I Surrender My Feelings
and Give Thanks
For What HE Has Promised!
I depend on the Holy Spirit to lead me though this day.
Literally! As I awoke I knew the weight of my world was front and center on my
mind. As I went to prayer I was aware that it could possibly be one of those
days that I would need to surrender my feelings over and over. Now those of you
who don’t really know me let me give you some insight. I have struggled through out my entire life
with feelings dictating my actions and day. I use to hate when someone would
say, “you have a choice how you feel”. I
would want to slap them!
Today: I am discouraged, I hurt, and I am
lonely and lack hope. So I could walk around in doom and gloom or I can make a
choice to Surrender my feelings and cry out to God. Do you think God can
help? Do you think! Well let me tell you how he DOES!
I prayed to the Lord, and he
answered me. He freed me from all my
fears. Those who look to him for help
will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed and the Lord
Listened; he saved me from all my troubles.
Psalm 34: 4-6
I wasn’t going to
go to Ladies bible study today. My
excuse was: my heart was so heavy and maybe I should just stay home and spend
time alone with God. I fought back and
forth for a good hour on what to do.
Finally I had come to the conclusion to just get in the car and go. If anything, it would take my mind off the
hurt in my heart. Have you ever been so heavy
at heart that you feel frozen and you need to just do something? That was me, but little did I know there was
a bigger reason God wanted me there! I
LOVE HOW GOD USES EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES!
Once again NOTHING
I can say can confirm the presence and power of God and his word (YES HE DOES
HELP) like his very own words.
Just as Samuel was sacrificing the burnt
offering, the Philistines arrived to attack Israel . But the Lord spoke with a mighty voice of
thunder from heaven that day, and the Philistines were thrown into such
confusion that the Israelites defeated them.
The men of Israel
chased them from Mizpah to a place below Beth-car, slaughtering them all along
the way. Samuel then took a large stone
and placed it between the towns of Mizpah and Jeshanah. He named it Ebenezer (which means “the
stone of help”), for he said, “Up to
this point the Lord has helped us!”
1Samuel 7: 10-12
So here is my lesson for today. Oh me of little faith. Just when I am once again about to “give up”
on my family, my circumstances and surrender
to my feelings, God with a mighty thunderous voice said to ME, “I have been
your help thus far have I not?”
OH AND THERE IS
MORE!
For you are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth,
and you have promised
these good things to your servant. And now, may it please you to bless the house
of your servant, so that it may continue forever before you. For you have spoken, and when you grant a
blessing to your servant, O Sovereign Lord, it is an eternal blessing!”
2 Samuel 28-29
God is
trustworthy. He has promised Good things
to me (and to you). His word is truth. How clear is that! I can relinquish my control and FEELINGS over
to him in full confidence.
Oh Lord I store in my heart the knowledge that you THUSFAR YOU
HAVE BEEN MY HELP! I remember so many
times from the past you have rescued me from my circumstances. You are a God who PROMISES to DO GOOD THINGS
for me. I will store in my heart your promises to do GOOD for me. So, I can call
on your promises instead of surrendering to my feelings.
God’s Will
for us is good (Rom. 12:2)
God’s Purpose
for us is good (Phil. 2:13)
God’s Work
in us is good (Phil. 1:6)
The Hope
God has given us is good (2 Thess. 2:16)
The Works
God created us for are good (Eph. 2:10)
The Fight
God called us to win is good (1Tim. 1: 18-19)
The Fruit
God produces in us is good (Jas. 3:17)
The Gifts God
gives us are good (Jas. 1:16)
God equips us with Everything
good (Heb. 13:21)
God works all things together in our lives for Good (Rom. 8:28)
(These verses came from the
Beth Moore study: David seeking after God’s heart)

No comments:
Post a Comment