Monday, December 3, 2012


I SURRENDER 
MY WILD DRIVING
AND  
ACCEPT
 THE CAUTION SIGNS



I  LEARN TO NAVIGATE WITH THE ROAD MAP

   Monday morning usually I sit with my coffee and make a list of all things to tackle. Not a bad thing, if you know the course, destination and if you are even suppose to be on this journey.  Now I realize that I have been traveling through life without a ROAD MAP!

When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild.
Proverbs 29:18
   
   I must admit that I am a little (self diagnosed) ADD (Attention Deficit).  I usually have one speed and rarely sit. There are things to do!  When I see a need I just want to get it done!  GREEN LIGHT FULL SPEED!  Not even asking; where will I end up, how do I get to my destination, do I turn left or right.  It is full throttle strait ahead!
   As you know lately I have been more diligent to slow down, ask what to do and wait for direction.   This is new territory for me. CAUTION SIGNS!  What are those?
   I have been looking for work.  I have never had a hard time getting work.  I get jobs very easy.  Those who know me are aware I have done just about every kind of work from waitress, flight attendant, dental assistant to retail.  I get jobs and then six months later; board (the ADD thing).  Now as I look for work I keep getting this CAUTION SIGN. God is telling me to wait; don’t just take anything, WAIT.   I do want to settle down.  Honestly I am a little embarrassed by my résumé and lack of long term work. I would really like a job I stick with.  I tell you this because this morning I struggle with; I should just go get a job! I want to GO- GREEN LIGHT full speed.  I am board.  In Prayer I am told be still and wait; CAUTION.
   This is not the only area of my life God has told me to sit quiet, pray, be still, listen and wait.  This is different than a GREEN LIGHT or even a STOP SIGN.  It is a WAIT.  WAIT FOR THE ROAD MAP, course direct and ending target.  This is not easy for me.
   Weather it be a job, a problem I want to solve, a project I want to accomplish, an idea, or something I am perplexed about to do or not to do, I have been told to wait for direction.  I am learning to receive GUIDANCE FROM THE GUIDE before I even start the journey.  Here is the thought; am I even suppose to be on the road, or going to the desired destination?  The CAUTION is to wait for GODS DIRECTION. 


Show me the right path O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.
Psalms 25:4

   I hope this makes sense to you in your life today.  As we plan for events, try to speak logic into family problems, know how to minister, help and encourage; MY FIRST step is CAUTION go to PRAYER and wait for direction.  It is far too easy for me to spring into action without even knowing the destination and if I should even be on the journey. 

   Sometimes I will even wake up in the middle of the night with ideas and plans.  My mind is constantly running.  Just because everything seems like a good idea doesn't mean I am suppose to do it.  
   Yes, this is a new direction and course for me; Waiting on my Savior for the GREEN LIGHT.  While I YIELD I pour my heart and mind into the best road map HIS WORD for guidance.


I AM LEARNING TO SURRENDER MY WILD DRIVING THROUGH LIFE
AND TREASURE THE CAUTION SIGNS.
 HE DIRECTS MY STEPS.


I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
Psalms 16:7




No comments:

Post a Comment