SURRENDERING IN MY PRAYER POSTURE
I have been having
this impression to Pray on my knees; KNEELING.
If you have been reading my blog or know
me, you are aware I don’t sit still very well. I am on the go, busy, things to
do! It is not that I am against praying
on my knees. I honestly believe God
hears the prayers of His people where ever and when ever we pray. I do pray first thing in the morning and throughout
the day; in the shower, car, and kitchen or on a walk. However, I kept getting this impression to GET
ON MY KNEES!
O
come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of
his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
Today if ye hear his voice, harden not your heart.
Psalms 95: 6-7
So, I tried it. I
got on my knees. Well, it’s not like I
have never prayed on my knees. I just didn't understand why god impressing me to spend some time on my knees. Honestly, I thought if God was asking me to do
this, I thought there would be some great revelation in my life. Nothing, nothing happened. So, I didn't stay
in this position very long! And yet
daily I would still feel that sense that God wanted me to be on my knees.
I suppose I am
childlike and embarrassed to tell you I continue in my life to ask God why? I didn't hear the answer to my why, I just had
a continual prodding to GET ON MY KNEES.
Jesus
said, “When you pray, go away by yourself,
shut the door behind you, and pray to your
Father in private.
Then your Father, who sees everything, will
reward you.”
Matthew 6:6
So this morning I
went again by myself, shut the door behind me, in my private and quiet place, I got
on my knees. Immediately as I quieted myself, wasn't in a hurry, and waited before God, tears began to
flow!
Be
still and know that I am God:
I
will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the hearth
Psalms 46:10
There had been
years in my life when I was unable to pray.
Really for years! I still
believed there was a God, He worked in others lives, and He listened to their prayers. I lost all confidence in how to pray and if he really listened to my prayers.
So
then,
since we have a great High Priest who has
entered heaven,
Jesus the Son of God,
let us hold firmly to what we believe.
This High Priest of ours understands our
weaknesses,
for he faced all of the same testing’s we do,
yet he did not sin.
So let us come boldly to the throne of our
gracious God.
There
we will receive his mercy,
and we will find grace to help us when we need
it most.
Hebrews 4:14-16
There was no secret motive
for God to BRING ME TO MY KNEES.
It was a renewal time for me of what
prayer is.
A NEEDED TIME OF SUBMISSION,
HUMILITY, RESPECT, REVERENCE,
A TIME OF PETITION, AND CRYING OUT IN DESPERATION
A TIME OF WORSHIP AND ADORATION BEFORE MY GOD.
I am thankful for my
Heavenly Father
who nudged me to change my posture
so that He could bless me!
He touched me with
his presence as I quieted myself in posture before Him.
I was blessed with my
time on my knees.
I am continually in awe,
Wonder, admiration
and amazement
of my Savior who brings me to my knees!
Not every day needs to be a knee day...but ...WHAT IS YOUR POSTURE TODAY?

No comments:
Post a Comment