SURRENDERING THE
MEANINGLESS
AND TAKING IN THE MEANING
IT TAKES MY BREATH
AWAY!
I have to admit that a few years back the saying, “REASON FOR THE SEASON” developed in to an
overdone badge to me. We all know the
reason for the season. So, I find it humorous
today that I actually am going to use the phrase!
Today I am rushing
around trying to get ready for all the holiday festivities and family. I am doing five things all at the same time! Baking
bread, cutting out a stocking for my new grandson, refreshing greens, laundry,
and getting a pot roast in the crock pot! When I find myself grumpy at my husband
and saying, “it is such a man’s holiday”, then I know I am out of focus….well
really though, what do they do…eat all the cookies, drink the eggnog and watch
as you put the tree up!
The planning and provisions are things I want
to be doing. I of course want the home
to be ready for guests. Hospitality is
one of my gifs and I take enjoyment in preparations. However today….my heart just wants to sit,
worship and hear from God…and not feel like a fanatical woman.
Every year as a
woman I am attending to the hectic preparations. Every year I ask myself, how I can do this a
little different? How can I keep the spotlight
on the center of the meaning of the season, and still enjoy my holiday prep
without going berserk!
All becomes to feel
hollow and empty, and the joy is irrelevant, if my heart focus is on the
details and not the REASON FOR THE SEASON.
So this morning, I
forced myself to set everything aside and sit, focus on my Savior, because
everything else is really MEANINGLESS!
The
Futility of all Endeavors
“Vanity
of vanities,” says the Preacher, “Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.”
What
advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun? A generation goes and a generation comes, but
the earth remains forever. Also the sun
rises and the sun sets; and hastening to its place it rises there again.
Ecclesiastes 1: 1-5
All
things are wearisome
Ecclesiastes 1:8
To instill meaning into my day and into this
season, I must begin my day in alone time, relationship with my Savior. Otherwise I am a crazy woman running around
trying to make purpose out of the MEANINGLESS!
After alone time with Him I sense a new fresh wave of peace
and then everything seems to fall into place.
This morning I am
so grateful to God, who sent his only Son into the world. He suffered all the temptations we suffer and
yet was without sin. He died a painful death that he did not deserve, so we
could be washed whiter than snow, free from sin. This is the birth of the amazing grace story wrapped
in a package of a baby! So we could live
with HIM in eternity. I am amazed afresh
at the Christmas story. How God
orchestrated the REASON FOR THE SEASON…and it was all for you and for me! The
birth of this baby is the salvation story.
The good news was born!
And
she gave birth to her first born son;
and she wrapped Him in cloths,
and laid
Him in a manger,
because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:7
And
you my little son, will be called the prophet of the Most High,
because you
will tell his people how to find salvation
through forgiveness of their
sins.
Because of God’s tender mercy
Luke 1:76-77
IT TAKES MY BREATH AWAY AND ALL ELSE SEEMS VAIN!
All the rushing,
presents, baking, decorating, all is VANITY.
Without HIM at the forefront of our hearts and minds, all else is
vanity. As the world shouts; shop, spend, eat, drink and be merry; I put the
breaks on!
THE SPOTLIGHT HITS
THE ORCHESTRA
I DROP TO MY KNEES IN
AWE AND AMAZEMENT,
I LISTEN TO A
HEAVENLY ORCHESTRA,
I HEAR THE HARP, THE
TRUMPETS, AND SINGING ANGELS.
I SING ALONG!
A KING IS BORN,
A KING IS BORN,
MY SAVIOR IS BORN.
MY BREATH IS TAKEN
AWAY,
BEAUTY BEYOND WORDS
THE GIFT,
I AM IN AWE.
ALL ELSE IS VANITY
“I have seen your salvation,
which you have prepared for all people.
He is a light to reveal God to the nations,
and he is the glory of your people Israel !”
Luke 2:30-32
Glory
to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment