Thursday, December 27, 2012




I Surrender My Foggy Vision
 For Eyes That See His Miraculous Works!



BREATH OF HEAVEN
   I woke up this morning in a fog.  I thought maybe the holiday sugar consumption had now gone into withdrawals.  I hadn’t had my coffee yet and had actually considered giving up coffee or should I say the cream that I dump into it. My brain screamed I want I want!  Normally I try to grab my coffee, my bible and then head to a quiet place to begin my day in prayer.  This morning I felt; cloudy, distant and confused. 
   The previous weeks have been a rollercoaster.  I had to great extent, tried to stay focused on the celebration of my savior and my relationship with Him. Yet, with entertaining, cooking, shopping, and holiday get together’s, I was feeling spiritually depleted. I couldn't feel his presence.
   God had not moved.  He was still right here beside me.  I am the one who has moved away from Him in business.  In that, I lost the awareness that he was so close, I could feel HIS BREATH.  Oh how I love to feel him that close.  At this moment I desire to see a miracle from God.  It is when I see Him accomplishing something beyond man's abilities and power that my faith is built.  I am thankful for the word that has accounts of miracle after miracle. 


I will open up rivers for them on the high plateaus.
  I will give them fountains of water in the valleys.  I will fill the desert with pools of water.  Rivers fed by springs will flow across the parched ground.  I will plant trees in the barren desert- cedar, acacia, myrtle, olive, cypress, fir and pine.  I am doing this so all who see this miracle will understand what it means- that it is the Lord who has done this, the Holy one of Israel who created it.
Isaiah 41:18-20

   Earlier in the week a friend and I were talking about all the miracles recorded in the Bible.  Have you ever spent time in your Bible study notes under miracles!  That is our God! He preformed miracles so that men might know the power of the Lord.  This friend asked, “Why do we not see those kinds of miracles today”?  My response was, “Let’s pray that God shows us the every day miracles in our lives.

   It is the simple miracles that can touch our hearts and build our faith.  The miracles don’t need to be huge to see that God is right by my side breathing his life, love, provision and protection into my being.
   I was reminded yesterday I felt impressed to pray for a friend.  After prayer I sensed a nudging to just pick up the phone and call this friend. A strange man answered the phone and said, “Oh you called just in time, hold on”.  As my friend answered the phone she told me how she was just to leave her son’s home and was traveling some two hours.  She had just about left her phone.  If I would have not called, and the phone rang, she would have had to travel back, lost time and money that she did not have.  It was such a little thing but a huge thing. 
   God cares about the details in our lives and waits for us to SEE HIM in them.  He shows himself daily in the little and big miracles in our lives.  If we QUIET OURSELVES, ASK TO SEE HIM AND WATCH.  

Then Jesus told him,
“You believe because you have seen me.
 Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”
The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book.  But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.
John 20:29-31
I can choose to spend my day in a cloud or I can choose to PRAY FOR EYES TO SEE HIM AND HIS MIRACULOUS DAILY WORKS.  When I see His works my faith is built and I once again feel his loving breath right beside me.

  NOTHING IN LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUSE THAN
 HIS BREATH OF LOVE ON A CLOUDY DAY!

For since the world began,
 No ear has heard
and no eye has seen a God like you,
 who works for those who wait for him!
Isaiah 64:4

Then He breathed on them and said,
"Receive the Holy Spirit".
John 20:22

No comments:

Post a Comment