I SURRNEDER
MY PRISON MENTALITY
FOR FREEDOM
When I was a young girl my mother accused me of stealing a
pair of her earrings. I knew that I was
innocent, in actual fact I was aware of who really did pocket the “costume
jewels”. I make the point that they were
of little expense because that only exaggerated the sting of the
punishment. I was sentenced to the
dishes for a month and grounded for a month!
All for something I did not do and they were cheep! Have you ever had to
debate your innocents with someone who did not believe you? To this day, it is a memory that brings
feelings of frustration in my stomach. Judged guilty and handed a punishment
for a crime you did not commit. Thrown in the jail, the door slammed.
Then... there is true
guilty! I am a sinner. Ok, we all are
born sinners. Really though I am a
sinner! I have a list of offenses. On any given day moments of grief will come
over me about past sin and the consequences.
These are very real debilitating moments that will rob my performance
and joy. I am attacked with thoughts of
my transgressions and my guilt.
Satan is the master
of finger pointing and accusations. He
wants to convince us that we belong in a jail; that we are guilty prisoners
forever. He wants to lock us up for more than a month!
LET'S NOT FORGET THE GOOD NEWS!
The morning paper
reads;
THE CELL DOORS ARE
WIDE OPEN!
YOU ARE FREE. FOUND NOT GUILTY!
PARDONED!
Exoneration, Mercy, Pardon, Forgiveness; that is why
Jesus came!
HE WILL NEVER RESIST FREEING A REPENTANT SINNER!
When we draw near to God in genuine repentance, taking full blame
for our sins, the prison doors open wide and we are free. Why would we sit in the prison with the door
wide open? Are we crazy! Get up and
move! Why would you want to take the sentence of guilty …when you are not? WE have been issued a lifetime of PARDON.
If I am reluctant to accept forgiveness (LEAVE THE JAIL) I
am saying Christ didn't do his job!!
The
Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins.
Luke
5:24
Everyone
who believes in Him
Will have their sins forgiven through his
name.
Acts
10:43
I have no doubt I
can’t adequately express today my heart regarding the Awesomeness of GRACE,
MERCY, FREEDOM AND FORGIVENESS that I have given as his daughter.
What I do want to
communicate is the need to BE ALERT TO FIGHT THE ENEMY WHO WANTS YOU TO STAY IN
JAIL! I own my sin, I confess my sin and I am covered.
Finally,
I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my
rebellion to the Lord.”
And
you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
Psalms
32:5
Lord,
you have heard my cry for mercy; You, the Lord, accepts my prayer.
Psalms
6:9
Thank You LORD!
I am fully forgiven,
Fully exempt, fully loved,
Fully yours forever!
I AM RIGHTEOUS
What is exciting to
me today as I LEAVE THE JAIL- I can hold my head high! We can throw our shoulders back and stand up
strait because we are INNOCENT. Free of
guilt. WE
CAN CELEBRATE LIFE AND FREEDOM
BECAUSE I AM
FORGIVEN BY GOD!
So
rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you
whose hearts are pure!
Psalm
32:11
This
is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it; “Christ Jesus came into
the world to save sinners”-and I am the worst of them all. But God has mercy on me so that Chris Jesus
could use me as a prime example of His great patience with even the worst of
sinners. Then others will realize that
they, too, can believe in Him and receive eternal life. All honor and glory to God forever and ever!
He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen.
1
Timothy 1:15-17
I
am writing to you who are God’s children because your sins have been forgiven
through Jesus.
1 John
2:12
THE JAIL DOOR IS OPEN
Yes
what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of sin.
Romans 4:8
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment