Wednesday, January 9, 2013


Surrendering my Karma thinking for a KIS from Christ!
Yes I said KIS!


   The other day someone treated me poorly and my feelings were hurt.  My daughter in her tender sympathy for me said, “She will have bad Karma…Mom do you believe in Karma”? I don’t believe in Karma and said, “No”, at which she replied me either.  As I tried to give answer to why, I realized I was stumbling.  Do you ever just know that you don’t believe something, and have no definitive answer?   

Let you conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:6

   Honestly there have been times in my life I wondered if I was being “paid back”, that this is my punishment for my actions. Remember me; I am the girl who often takes the blame for everything.  I grew up thinking everything was my fault and I must be bad.
   Remember I have no theology education.  My education is the journey of life and self study.  So let’s KIS (keep it simple).

   First let’s give a definition to Karma; A force generated by a person’s actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate reincarnation and to determine the nature of the person’s next existence-  Merriam Webster Dictionary.

   Need I say more? A force generated by a person would imply that I am more powerful than the Sovereign Creator God. That I could determine my outcome and create a different destination because I want to come back and have a different experience! Really??  There is only one God who can give life and save us from eternal hell.  This definition would imply that my actions ( how much I do, how I do it, who I help, what good I do, what I say right, wrong…good, bad, ugly and all my FAILURES) would determine my outcome!

For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.
Romans 3:23

   Sin is universal!  We fail, we all sin, and we all hurt others.
  There is only one action that I know to determine my future existence and there are only two choices of future existence; HEAVEN OR HELL.  No I won’t come back as a dog, cat, bird, baby, person, piano etc… etc.. There are no second chances.  Not in my bible does it talk about recreation, reincarnation, new existence or second chances other than rebirth through Jesus Christ.

Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:15

But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believed on his name
John 1:2
   The difference between believing and receiving is; receiving means to have a personal relationship God. The devil himself believes in God and yet has no place in the Heavenly Kingdom!
   The word “actions” would imply “works”.  Once again the bible clearly states we are not saved by our works.

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast
Ephesians 2:4-8

   Some (myself included) at times think of Karma as Consequence for our sin. What goes around comes around…NOT TRUE.  Karma is not defined as natural consequences for our actions.  I told my children all through life there are good and bad consequences for EVERYTHING we do.  Even though we may have painful consequences from actions, poor choices or sin, it does not determine my final home!  The good news is our heavenly father does discipline us! Just as we discipline our children so they would make better choices.

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”
Hebrews 12:5-6

     Perhaps you are like me and have day’s you beat yourself up for poor choices, failures and sin.  You have days when you feel you deserve this because of something you have done?  Stop that!!!  If you are His child, and I am, we are free from bondage of sin.  He paid the price for our sin! WE ARE FORGIVEN and it has nothing to do with Karma!
   Karma Shmarma!  KIS (Keep it Simple) the only assurance to life eternal and a perfect life with our Heavenly Father is having a personal relationship with Him.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him and he with me.
Revelations 3:20

For the wages of sin is death; but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23

  Finally, let’s not forget that we don’t wish evil or…”bad Karma on those who hurt us.  Or what goes around comes around.  Don’t wish evil on others.  Christ would want all saved.  This is hard when someone has hurt you.  I know! The hardest prayer is to pray for those who have hurt you!  I have a few on my list right now!  It is hard to pray for the man that is using your daughter, it is hard to pray for the drug dealer in the high schools, it is hard to pray for the loved one that disrespects you.  I understand.  But that is what Christ tells us to do. 

But I tell you; Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends fain on the righteous and the unrighteous.  If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?  Are not even the tax collectors doing that?  And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others?  Do not even pagans do that?  Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:44-48



KIS
A perfect way to end my Karma thoughts with a KIS from Christ!
Keep it Simple!
THE GOOD NEWS is He died to free us from karma thinking.
In relationship with Him,
we have the HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE!
Love your enemies and be like Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment